Thursday, May 25, 2017

W8 EOC: Where am I on Lemonade Day Project and what my plans are

So far for my Lemonade Day Project, I have researched the project, printed out material and sought out the principal of a local elementary school.  I am waiting to hear back from the principal as to whether or not her students or teachers would like to participate in this Lemonade Day education project.  I have also registered myself as the mentor and begun the lemonopolis lesson plans on the Lemonadeday.org website.

By next week:

  • I will get, in writing, the fact that I sought participation from the principal.
  • I will also locate a source of funding and get a letter stating such.
  • I will find a recipe.
  • I will cost out all the materials required to make the lemonade itself as well as other related supplies needed (i.e., cups, lids, stand decorations, vinyl table cloths).
  • I will source other items needed such as coolers, jugs or thermoses to hold lemonade, juicers et cetera. associated with making the lemonade.  
  • I will print materials from the LemonadeDay.org website in regard to educating the children and other volunteers as to what our goals are, what our plans are and how we will define success.
The Lemonadeday.org website includes two FAQ pages, one which explains the program and how to register as well as another for teachers explaining what Lemonade Day is and how it is taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment